ELLEN TRIP GIVEAWAY
WORD OF THE DAY WEBSITE ENTER TO WIN
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: Ellen Trip Giveaway
Company: Sinclair Television Group, Inc.
Company Address: Sinclair Television Group, Inc., 10706 Beaver Dam Road, Cockeysville, Maryland 21030
Stations: WFXL, WRGB, KVII, KFDM, KGAN, WCIV, KECI, KTXS, KRCG, KMTR, WEYI, WGFL, WLUK, WHP, WJAC, KTVL, WEAR, KTVO, WJAR, KHQA, KUTV, WICS, WICD, WTOV, WSTM, WTWC, WCYB, KTVM, WSET, WSBT, KAEF, and KTXE
Contest Area: The designated market areas for each of the stations listed above as determined by The Nielsen Company.
Sponsors: WFXL, WRGB, KVII, KFDM, KGAN, WCIV, KECI, KTXS, KRCG, KMTR, WEYI, WGFL, WLUK, WHP, WJAC, KTVL, WEAR, KTVO, WJAR, KHQA, KUTV, WICS, WICD, WTOV, WSTM, WTWC, WCYB, KTVM, WSET, WSBT, KAEF, and KTXE
Prize Providers: WAD Production, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc.
Age of Eligibility: Twenty-One (21)
Contest Period: November 18, 2019 to November 25, 2019
Program to Watch: The Ellen DeGeneres Show, which airs on each of the Stations. Please check the Station’s Website for the schedule of the Station within your Contest Area.
Entries Due: 11:59 PM EST on November 22, 2019
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per IP address per day.
Nationwide Drawing Date: November 25, 2019
Number of Winners on the Nationwide Drawing Date: One (1) Nationwide Winner
Total Number of Winners: One (1) Nationwide Winner
Prizes and Values: One (1) Nationwide Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to a live taping of one (1) The Ellen DeGeneres Show 12 Days of Christmas show in Los Angeles, California. The Trip Package includes roundtrip airfare, economy class, for two (2) between a major gateway airport near winner’s residence and Los Angeles, CA; three (3) consecutive nights’ hotel accommodations at a hotel selected by Prize Provider in its sole discretion (one standard room, double occupancy); and two (2) tickets to a taping of The Ellen DeGeneres Show on December 9, 2019. Winner will be notified of location of departure. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, departing on December 8, 2019 and returning on December 11, 2019. Prize components may not be separated. The total approximate retail value of the Trip Package will not exceed $3,500., based on winner’s location and airfare at time of booking. Winner will be notified of the actual prize value.
Each Station’s site has adopted this privacy statement to the extent applicable and said policy may be found on each Station’s website listed below.
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://sbgi.net/terms-conditions
Each Station’s site has adopted these website terms and conditions to the extent applicable and said terms and conditions may be found on each Station’s website listed below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
1.Viewers will be prompted to watch the Program to Watch, and look for the Word of the Day. Then, to enter, log onto the Station’s Website and click on the Contest tab to access the Contest entry page. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, and Word of the Day, in the provided area and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
2. Entrant must reside within the Contest Area for the Station on whose Website he or she is entering. Each Station’s Website is listed below. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
How to Win
On the Nationwide Drawing Date, one (1) Nationwide Winner will be selected by random drawing from among all valid and correct entries received via all Stations’ websites.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility and reside within the Contest Area for the Station on whose website he or she is entering. Residents and Citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Company is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Company cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Company is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Company, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed. The trip prize is subject to advance reservation, availability and black-out dates, and does not include any meals, other transportation, gratuities, travel insurance, baggage fees, miscellaneous airline fees, excursions, spa treatments, or any other expenses. Company, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip by the Prize Provider’s expiration date, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
4. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Alternative arrangements may be made, at the Station’s sole and absolute discretion, to permit electronic winner verification. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within three (3) days of winner’s notification.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Sinclair.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one (1) prize will be awarded per household if more than one (1) prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one (1) prize within any ninety (90) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. Sinclair is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. Sinclair, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release Sinclair, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, Sinclair has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
14. The Contest is in no way sponsored, administered by or associated with The Ellen DeGeneres Show.